Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 2

My reading habits are pretty consistent. I usually tend to read everyday weather it is on the internet looking up newspaper articles, media articles or just reading my monthly sports illustrated. I try and read as much as possible because I know that the more I read the more I will advance my literacy skills and furthermore advance as a reader and with all my literacy skills such as writing and critical thinking. I also tend to follow what I learned in class which is identifying what the title and heading mean before I read the article. This reading strategy helps me comprehend what the whole article or passage will be about. My strengths as a reader are my ability to read fluently and fast while being able to comprehend what I am reading. The comprehension part is the most important part though. I think that is an important quality to have as a reader because if you are not aware of what you read, there is no point of reading a story or article. The whole comprehension process is a vital step as becoming a good reader. Back at home, my father loves to read. He reads the newspaper every morning before leaving to work. Both of my parents and my older brother encouraged me to read ever since I was little. I was very fascinated by sports since I was young and that’s how my parents reached reading out to me, with sports articles and athlete autobiography. They would read them to me and eventually I would read them on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment