Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Week 1

Studying the vocabulary required for this class had some impact on me. I’ve actually noticed some of our vocabulary words in my English class frequently, without studying these words I would not be able to identify the meaning of them in my English class. I approach unfamiliar vocabulary differently now because I am eager to find out what that specific word means. I try to use our vocabulary words in conversation as much as possible, and it is rather easy once you get the chance to practice over and over. These vocabulary words have made things a lot easier including my tasks I have to complete for my English class. I try to incorporate these words in as many assignments I can. For my essay in English, which was about literacy I talked about this specific process and that involved the memorization of these words. As for remembering the words long-term or short-term they both even each other out. When it comes to test taking I am able to remember the words for a short time and usually do good on my test. As far as long term, if I study the words after I usually take my test I tend to remember them for a longer period of time. Enhancing my vocabulary is very important and I believe that this strategy is helping me out, mainly because I am getting accustomed to looking at these words more constantly then I would in any to hear situation. I am eager to learn more words.

No comments:

Post a Comment