Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reflection #3

One thing that really shaped my life was getting involved in sports. When I was young I would always have problems with my work ethic, and I really enjoyed the competitive aspect of sports. I was really drawn to a particular sport, football. Everything about football I just loved, whether it be the hitting of another person to achieve victory for your team, the hard work, the dedication but most important the team unity. Being together as a team and fighting through hardships to achieve excellence was a great feeling to have, especially as a kid. As a kid you grow a bond with your teammates and gradually over time they become your friends. Football really gave me confidence to be more social and to communicate with others without being shy. Eventually, when I went to different schools I would always run into my old pop warner teammates and it would help me always be comfortable with having friends around throughout school. Football also made me more outgoing, we would all get together and go out as a big group and have fun on the weekends all throughout high school. We could always count on each other if one needed help. Football also thought me respect, dedication and good work ethic. Throughout high school it was hard to balance a respectable GPA and still maintain going to practice and focusing on my upcoming opponents. This really helped me develop good work ethic to work hard and balance both these commitments I had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment